Two Thousand and Twelve

Big year.

Fished the Keys for the first time.  Watched the son become a boy. Left “the” job of 7 years and learned some hard lessons.  BIAB’ing for the win. Became a chairperson.  Started a business.  Got back to the studio with a vengeance.

Cheers to 2012 and cheers to the bright future that 2013 holds for everyone courageous enough to live deliberately, and will their vision into reality.

Screw Big, let’s get epic in 2013 citizens.

This slideshow requires JavaScript.

One thought on “Two Thousand and Twelve

1. tonyc318
    December 31, 2012 at 6:16 pm

watching your BIAB episode is what got me moving in that direction and I would not be brewing AG without that. Thank you for displaying your passion for home brewing this past year. I started in Feb 2012 and owe most of it to you, Dawson, and Chip. Cheers!

• December 31, 2012 at 10:27 pm

Our pleasure Tony! Glad to hear you took the plunge into AG. Be on the lookout for new homebrew vids via Chip’s new joint, Chop & Brew! Cheers

2. December 31, 2012 at 6:32 pm

Jake, An interesting quote showed up on my twitter feed by Francis Bacon… “There is no comparison between that which is lost by not succeeding and that which is lost by not trying”. I’ve made many sacrifices and left more than one job to follow my bliss, drawing. It’s my life and continual passion. Striking out on your own is terrifying but you certainly know you are alive. Embrace it with gusto and you’ll never feel as though you’ve lost anything but have won everything! Cheers!

• December 31, 2012 at 10:25 pm

wow…awesome words for 2013! Thanks Dean!

3. Keith Freeouf
    December 31, 2012 at 6:40 pm

Jake, may 2013 be Epic for you and yours in all good ways.
    Let me know when you want to explore the BWCA. My cabin awaits.
    Sláinte!
    Keith

4. Russ
    January 1, 2013 at 2:15 am

Great pictures. The cobra lives!

5. brewella deville
    January 1, 2013 at 5:06 pm

So glad to find the 3 Amigos getting back onto the interwebs. I’d also really be interested to find out any new insights and info you might have for us BIAB-ers.

• January 1, 2013 at 6:13 pm

Rock on Brewella! I’ll be posting about some recent BIAB session later this week. Cheers!

6. Scott M.
    January 1, 2013 at 5:56 pm

Jake, thanks for the motivation and inspiration you provided while doing BTV. It undoubtedly has changed homebrewing for me from a hobby, to an obsession and passion. I was scrambling a bit until I discovered your blog, Mr. Dawson’s blog, and now Chip’s. Keep up the awesome work and I look forward to future posts from you three! Cheers!

btw…I’m also glad to know that the Cobra lives as well!

• January 1, 2013 at 6:14 pm

Cheers Scott. We’ll keep rapping about brewing if ya’ll are game to listen to us!

7. Michael
    January 1, 2013 at 10:07 pm

Hi Jake,

I know all three of you guys have been hearing this a lot lately, but I wanted to throw my hat into the ring: Brewing TV was the resource that got me into homebrewing (and landed NB a loyal customer). Ep. 1 debuted right when I first started. I’m sure you guys started off messing around with it like it was just some little project on a small budget, and I’m sure it was to start. It grew into something bigger though, and for awhile it was the best damn brewing show on the web. You three should be proud, proud, proud of what you’ve accomplished. And a heartfelt thanks from me for all of your work.

I recently left a company in which I was a partner and helped found 10 years ago, and it has been both a rewarding and very psychologically difficult experience. I learned a few hard lessons myself. I’m in a better place now, free of a lot of the things that really, really bothered me though I didn’t know it at the time. I took a bit pay cut, but my marriage is better and some of my hair might be growing back in. In some ways it was like putting down a sack of bricks I didn’t know I was carrying.

I’m sure whatever you decide to do you’ll be successful.

I hope to see more content from guys at least individually, if not all together. Hopefully you can find time to get together once in awhile, brew something, and slap it up for us to see. In the mean time, I’ll be grabbing every episode of BTV off the web in case NB decides to pull it.

I’ve been asking around – seems like 2012 was a year of big changes for everybody. For the first time in awhile, things are looking up.

Cheers!

• January 1, 2013 at 11:04 pm

Thanks for sharing Michael. Sounds like we’ve been around the same block ;). Cheers to 2013!

8. bagendbrewery
    January 2, 2013 at 8:41 pm

Nice gallery, looks like quite a year. I fish in MN quite a bit as well and once took a trip to San Diego for a week of fishing – ocean fishing is pretty amazing, but I still prefer a nice calm lake or flowing stream.

9. greg
    January 8, 2013 at 12:35 am

Best of luck in the new year. BTV moved me from frightened brewing novice to over-confident AG addicted brewer in less than a years time 🙂 Thanks for the inspiration. You look pretty inspired yourself with your kick-ass drawings. Epic’s too small a word for 2013.

10. Robb Howard
    January 8, 2013 at 4:54 pm

Jake, Flytyer here, from a selfish stand point I really miss BTV. Good luck and God bless in all your endevours. I’m just a little perturbed that in all the beautiful pictures of the Smallies that there are no pictures of a Bunny leach. The only reference I have is a photo of a Mr Chip Walton with one attached to his lip.(Truly scared the heck out of me when I first opened it). If you ever cross the border to God’s Country and you want to explore the driftless area let me know. I’ll tie up some Pink Squirrels for you to use. PS I took a creativity test in College and ended up in the negative scale, awfully jealous of someone who can take pen or brush to paper and make something amazing.